For all of my video game friends I present "The Godfather". This game was released in 2006 by Electronic Arts and was met with just a little bit of skepticism by your friendly author. Even though I have managed to make a tidy sum of money trading out of the money options on ERTS, I was slightly reticent to give the game a chance. I am extremely proud of my Italian heritage and a huge fan of the Godfather trilogy (and yes, even part 3). I was afraid that EA would screw it up and that would just piss me right off! However, I gave it a shot (no pun intended) this past weekend with Benjamin. All of my fears have since subsided. I won't describe the game at great lengths, but I will say that it is tremendously fun not to mention gigantic. If any of you have played Grand Theft Auto, I would say that the foundation of the game is similar (except I didn't like GTA). It has a main plot, but leaves a lot to be discovered with the side missions. The goal of the game is to run the other families out of New York by means of force. I give this game two big thumbs up. My only disclaimer is that it is extremely addictive... but then again, what great game isn't?
11.08.2006
Wanna Be Like Sonny?
For all of my video game friends I present "The Godfather". This game was released in 2006 by Electronic Arts and was met with just a little bit of skepticism by your friendly author. Even though I have managed to make a tidy sum of money trading out of the money options on ERTS, I was slightly reticent to give the game a chance. I am extremely proud of my Italian heritage and a huge fan of the Godfather trilogy (and yes, even part 3). I was afraid that EA would screw it up and that would just piss me right off! However, I gave it a shot (no pun intended) this past weekend with Benjamin. All of my fears have since subsided. I won't describe the game at great lengths, but I will say that it is tremendously fun not to mention gigantic. If any of you have played Grand Theft Auto, I would say that the foundation of the game is similar (except I didn't like GTA). It has a main plot, but leaves a lot to be discovered with the side missions. The goal of the game is to run the other families out of New York by means of force. I give this game two big thumbs up. My only disclaimer is that it is extremely addictive... but then again, what great game isn't?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Good use of subsided. You'll be happy to know that we are well on our way to running the other families out of the city on a rail. The Barzini's are a bitch, but it gives me hope that they too are vulnerable to a shotgun blast to the back of the head. What a great game!
I've been debating on giving this game a whirl on the 'ol 360. It looks good, but I, like you had my reservations. I may now have to break down and buy it based on your high praise for it.
For the record, you have a problem with your addiction to games. I recall the year when we were living together in the FIJI house and I introduced you to Zelda on the Nintendo 64. Great game, but you had some serious issues with it. I remember you playing when I went to bed one night, and you were playing when I woke up. You skipped all your classes and sat there for three days straight in that OSU lawn chair with a dip cup in one cup holder, and a Dr. Pepper in the other. Oblivious to the entire outside world, you rearely talked or ate. You did beat the game, but I think you may have very well ingested mass quanities of cocaine to fuel your 72-hour Zelder-bender. At least, that's my theory.
Good work Benjamin. And as for you Dr. Pratt... I remember that stretch of time. I refer to those few days as "Happy Days" where you played the role of the Fonz always trying to get me to do the right thing but in a cool rebel sort of way. I also remember that it was only a week later that one of our pledge brothers (who will not be named due to a collective bargaining agreement) unrinated on my belongings and then heartily denied it. After that, it was not too long until you were awakened by "Pardon the inconvenience, but there is a fucking duck in my bed!" We had quite a time there didn't we brother?! Good memories.
That, my friend, is simply classic. A duck biting your finger and then nestling down on your pillow for a short nap is a great way to start any morning. Thank God I opted for the top bunk.
Of course an even better way to start any morning is to awake to the sound of a guy pissing on someone else's things. Hey, as long as they weren't my things, it was hillarious.
You actually compared me to the Fonz. . . I am rendered speechless by that comment.
My advice to you sir, is that you find that OSU chair, get a sleeve of dip and a case of Dr. Pepper, and settle in for a long hard-fought battle between you and the Godfather game. You won't really be at ease until you've beaten it, and you know I'm right. I mean . . .come on, I'm the Fonz.
Of course you're right. Benjamin... do you hear that? Do you hear that way up in your ivory tower? Dr. Pratt says that we need to get a boat load of tobacco and tasty beverages, settle in for a long weekend, and kick the hell out of the Barzini family!
Flawless Clint... just flawless. You are the Fonz. Do we have a potential nickname in the making?
Post a Comment